Nagpur Violence: Fadnavis Orders Recovery of Damages, Threatens Bulldozer Action

Nagpur (The Uttam Hindu): After the recent violence in Nagpur, Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis has taken a tough stand and made it clear that whatever damage has been done to public property will be recovered from the rioters. The Chief Minister said on Saturday that if they do not pay for the damage, their properties will be confiscated and if necessary, bulldozer action can also be taken. Giving information about the incident, Fadnavis said that so far 104 people have been arrested in this case. He said that further arrests will continue on the basis of CCTV footage. Along with this, the Chief Minister also gave a stern warning to those spreading rumors on social media and said that so far 68 such social media posts have been identified and deleted.
The Chief Minister dismissed all speculations related to this violence and said that the initial investigation has not revealed any role of any foreign power or Bangladeshi link. He also clarified that no political angle is visible in this violence at the moment. Fadnavis, while clarifying the role of the intelligence system, said that this incident cannot be called a failure of the intelligence system, although the information system can be strengthened further.
On the claims of molestation of women police personnel in some media reports, the Chief Minister termed these as rumours. He clarified that there has been stone pelting on women police personnel, but no incident of molestation has been reported. Chief Minister Fadnavis said in clear words that those who are involved in this violence will have to pay a heavy price for it. He reiterated that if the rioters do not compensate for the damage caused to public property, their properties will be confiscated and if needed, bulldozers can also be used.
