MAOIST MELTDOWN: 50 Rebels Surrender in Chhattisgarh, Citing 'Inhuman Ideology'

Bijapur (The Uttam Hindu): After two major encounters in Bijapur and Sukma and a few hours before Prime Minister Narendra Modi's visit to Chhattisgarh, 50 Naxalites have surrendered in Bijapur district. The Naxalites surrendered before police officers at the Bijapur SP office. A total reward of Rs 68 lakh was announced on 14 of these surrendered Naxalites.
These Naxalites cited the hollow and inhuman Maoist ideology as the reason for their surrender. They said that they were forced to surrender because of differences growing within the movement and the exploitation of tribals by senior workers of the banned Maoist party. The Naxalites also said that they now want freedom from this inhuman ideology and want to live in peace. These surrendered Naxalites handed over their weapons and other items to senior officers of the state police and CRPF. This surrender has brought a big success to the security forces because among them there were 14 Naxalites on whom a big reward was declared and they had been a big challenge for the security forces for a long time.
Let us tell you that on Saturday, security forces killed 18 Naxalites including 11 women in two encounters in Sukma and Bijapur districts of Bastar region of Chhattisgarh. This encounter is considered an important success in the mission to end Naxalism by March 31, 2026. With these recent successes, a total of 134 Naxalites have been killed in various encounters in the state so far this year, out of which 118 were killed in Bastar division. According to the police, a total of 792 Naxalites surrendered in seven districts of Bastar region in 2024.
