Hafiz Saeed, Mastermind of Mumbai Attack, Injured in Pakistan Firing, Nephew Slain

Islamabad/New Delhi (The Uttam Hindu): Hafiz Saeed, the mastermind of the 2008 Mumbai terror attack, was injured in a firing incident in Jhelum, Pakistan on Saturday night. He has been admitted to a military hospital in Rawalpindi for treatment. Saeed's nephew Abu Qatal was killed in this incident. Initial media reports had also reported that Hafiz Saeed had been killed, but later it was confirmed that he was alive and injured by a bullet. It is being told that Saeed was returning after meeting Pakistani Army Corps Commander Mangala when this attack took place. Hafiz Saeed is India's most wanted terrorist and is considered the main conspirator of the terrorist attack in Mumbai on 26 November 2008. More than 160 people lost their lives in this attack. Apart from this, he is also said to be involved in the 2006 Mumbai train blasts and the attack on the Indian Parliament in 2001. India has demanded Pakistan to hand him over several times, but Pakistan has consistently refused to recognize him as a terrorist.
Meanwhile, in another incident, unknown assailants shot dead Hafiz Saeed's nephew Nadeem alias Abu Katal in Jhelum on Saturday night. Abu Katal was the alleged mastermind of the recent terror attack in Reasi, Jammu and Kashmir, in which 9 people were killed and 41 were injured. He was also involved in the attack in Rajouri, which took place on January 1, 2023. Abu Qatal was a top commander of the terrorist organization Jamaat-ud-Dawa and played a key role in planning several terror attacks in Jammu and Kashmir. One of Abu Qatal's associates was also killed in the attack. He was a close associate of 26/11 Mumbai attack mastermind Hafiz Saeed and was on the most wanted list of India's National Investigation Agency (NIA)
